It’s fall y’all! I think it’s my favorite season. The crisp air, the changing leaves…you know what I’m talking about! But most of all I love it because of all the produce that is available now. Now is the easiest and best time of the year to eat local and organic. At least here in Sweden. Here’s a recipe for a raw apple cobbler with lots of cinnamon I did the other day.
(Recipe for one small tray)
- 6 medium sized apples of your choice.
- 6 tbsp of soft coconut oil
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 4 tbsp of coconut palm sugar
Blend all ingredients to a medium thick apple sauce in a food processor. Cover the bottom of your tray with the sauce and put it in the freezer while you’re making the top layer.
- 1 cup of sprouted almonds (almonds soaked in water for 8h).
- 0,5 cup of shredded coconut
- 6 tbsp of coconut palm sugar
- 1,5 tbsp of cinnamon
- 2 tsp of powdered ginger
- 2 tsp of cardamon
- 0,5 of a vanilla bean (only the seeds of course)
- Pinch of salt
Put everything in a food processor and run it a few times on high speed. You want it to look crumbly with lots of chunky bits of almonds in it.
Cashew Vanilla Cream Sauce
- 1 cup of cashews (soaked for at least 4 hours and then drained)
- 6 tbsp water
- 6 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 2 tbsp soft coconut oil
- 0,5 of a vanilla bean (the seeds)
- Pinch of salt
Place all ingredients in a blender and process on high speed until smooth.
Take out your tray with apple sauce from the freezer. It should not be frozen just firmed up. Sprinkle and spread the almond crumble on top. Serve with the cashew vanilla sauce and pour yourself a cup of warm tea. This is the perfect thing to make when you have people over!