1. They contain the most lauric acid of any plant source. Lauric acid is a powerful anitviral substance and helps to fight of (bad) bacteria. Coconuts boost your immune system!
2. If you combine your omega-3 intake (flax, hemps, algae, etc.) with some coconut oil the coconut oil helps the body to use the essential fatty acids more efficiently. Taken together they are actually twice as affective! WOHA!
3. According to Ayurveda the coconut has karshan properties - meaning it supports the body to increase metabolism and stay slim. Coconuts can’t be stored as fat i the body. So, WIN-WIN!
4. They support cardiovascular health and are practically cholesterol free.
5. Coconut oil is great for the skin since it restore the natural saturated fat levels. It can also be used directly ON the skin as a hydrating mask. It’s ideal for dry, rough and wrinkled skin.
6. They improve absorption of fat-soluble vitamins, amino acids as well as the right kinds of calcium and magnesium ions.
7. They consist of more than 90% raw unsaturated fat - a rare and important building block of every cell in the human body.
8. They help to stabilize blood sugar levels and regulate hormones in the body.
9. Coconut oil has strong antioxidant properties and reduces our need for vitamin E.
10. It’s is DELICIOUS in any form; coconut meat, water, oil, cream, shredded. YAM YAM YAM!
And that’s just 10 out of 1000 reasons why to love and eat coconut folks! Tomorrow I’ll share a yum yum recipe including coconut. Coconut love!
- kijutsu likes this
- toutcru reblogged this from veganparade and added:
- troctopus reblogged this from veganparade
- iamthegirlwholovesyou likes this
- worldofluci likes this
- veganparade posted this